Friday, June 16, 2017

Surgery Update

There's a lot going on right now!  I am moving forward with the bariatric surgery, but I'm not certain if I'm going to go through with it yet.  Still lots to think and pray about.  It's such a lifestyle change-nothing like I've ever done before.  There's a lot of fear in my heart, but there's encouragement too.  I'm excited to see weight loss, but is it worth the negative aspects?  Jury's still out.

Right now, my assignment is to lose 20 lbs. prior to the surgery.  It helps shrink my liver so it's not in the way of my stomach.  I'm using my FitBit again and I'm using MyFitnessPal to track my food consumption.  There's also a psych eval I have to go through.  I'm concerned about whether I'll pass that, but only time will tell.

I'm really struggling with food issues tonight.  One of the clinic's resources is food counseling.  I'm wondering if I have some food addiction issues that I need to deal with.  I don't know if my struggle is normal or if I am fighting a battle that I don't have tools to win.  Tonight the desire for ice cream, extra pizza, popcorn, etc is burning strong within me.  Sometimes I feel like I'm on the verge of tears.  This is one of those times where I wish I had someone to reach out to for support.  My husband is a tremendous support in many things, but he doesn't fully understand this struggle.

Mostly, it's time to talk to my Father--my heavenly one.  He wants to hear my heart's desires and my earthly struggles.  I'll hand it over to Him again and He'll take it from there.  That is an encouraging thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment